Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Highway 61 roadhouse St. Louis Missouri

September 10, 2012


This place will be featured on diner’s drive-ins and dives on food network soon. From their website I found a few items that look like they sounded pretty good, but I still was not sure what to get when we got there.

We were seated quick and quickly had our drink orders taken which came in rather large cups. Which is good because then I don't have to worry about getting refill. Since I kind of knew what was on the menu it didn't take me long to figure out what I wanted. After our waiter brought back the drinks he told us about the special which was a ribeye and a potato. He said he would give us a little more time. When I saw the steak medallions description on the menu again I thought I have to get that especially since I hadn't had a steak of any kind on the trip.
This also came with two side dishes which I picked red beans and rice and Mac cheese, and had the medallions cooked medium well. My dad also got this as well with red beans and rice and mashed potatoes with Andouille sausage gravy and his medallions cooked medium. My mom had the ribeye special with the potato.


After my first bite I knew I picked the right thing to order.  As My steak medallions were amazingly good with Cajun seasoning on it which was good to begin with then was topped with Gorgonzola and fried onion strings. Most of everything I had the steak, fried onions, red beans and rice all had a little bit of heat but I thought it was a perfect amount. Some of My steak medallions pieces were maybe a little more than medium well and some may be less than and some were perfect.  It tasted great without the over-the-top heat.
Mom said hers was good, But did not go into details. Dad really enjoyed his meal too, especially his Steak Medallions, but did also really like the Andouille gravy on the mashed potatoes.


34 South Old Orchard Avenue  St. Louis, MO 63119

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment