Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Las Caras – Denver CO

 October 31, 2012


After a doctor appointment in Denver, I was very hungry.  We also had not been to one of my favorite Mexican places in a while and I have never written a review of Las Caras so it was a perfect opportunity.
 
Las caras is a small family run Mexican restaurant, filled with pictures of the family on the walls and maybe 10 or 12 tables. 

We took a seat at the first table, you seat yourself, and quickly they brought us menus and asked if we wanted chips and their famous red onion salsa (they charge $1.00).  We did and we all ordered cokes as well.  When they brought all this back out, we had already decided what we wanted, which I actually decided that morning before we even left home.  My dad and I both got the combo with a cheese enchilada, a chile relleno, and a burrito. ($10-11 ish) The burrito came with a choice of meat we both chose steak ($ 1.00 extra).  My mom had the combo with a cheese enchilada, a chile relleno and a ground beef taco.  The combos also come with rice and beans.


We have been here many times, but the first time I wasn’t so sure about the red onion salsa.  After having it again I began thinking this stuff is really good.  I think the tomatoes might be canned, but the rest seemed like fresh ingredients, jalapenos, onion and garlic.  This was a chunky salsa which I also liked.

My combo was excellent, like it always is here.  The chile relleno was just how I like them, crispy, cheesy and smothered in green chile.  They are the egg roll wrapper type which I think are the best ones.  The burrito was also very good especially the steak, this was also covered in green chile.  The cheese enchilada was alright, and there was nothing wrong with it, but it was definitely my least favorite of the three items.  The rice and beans were also good, and definitely better than most places.


Las Caras is and has always had great food and service and is one of my family’s favorite Mexican places.  I highly recommend Las Caras for a great family run Mexican restaurant with great food at reasonable prices.

 

 
 
 
3333 South Tamarac Drive  Denver, CO 80231

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment