Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blue corn Café and Brewery - Santa Fe New Mexico

March 12, 2013

On this day we were driving home from Albuquerque and stopped in Santa Fe for lunch when we arrived we were taken to a table.  it seemed like we sat there for quite a while before anyone came but they finally did mom and I both ordered Pepsi's $2.50 and dad tried there homemade root beer for $2.75 he thought it was good.  The waitress dropped off the drinks and left for a while.  By the time she came back we were ready to order because we had plenty of time to look at the menu. Mom and I both got the lunch green Chile stew for $8.75 and dad got the green chili cheeseburger $10.75.

We waited a bit and in not too long our lunches were brought out.
 
 
My green Chile stew was in a huge bowl and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to actually finish it.   This was really good but was not real spicy, a little bit but not real spicy with potatoes with posole along with pork and of course green chilies. Also on the side were a tortilla which was a good tortilla and a sopapilla.
By the time I finished my green Chile stew and the tortilla I couldn’t handle the sopapilla. So I got a box with honey packets and ate it later. This green Chile stew was so good that it inspired me to try to make my own which I did and it came out pretty good.
 
Dad thought that his green Chile cheeseburger was good, but not great.  he also thought the fries were just so-so. From my side the table I thought his green Chile cheeseburger looked quite tasty and I might be trying that out next time I visit.
 
 

 
 
 

 
4056 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87507


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment