Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Defalcos Deli Scottsdale Arizona

March 11, 2014

 
This place was featured on Diners drive-ins and dives. This day I kind of wanted something a little lighter for lunch so I thought a sandwich from a deli would be the perfect thing. When we arrived the place was kind of busy.   It was very crowded to get around. Once we got in line on the way to the front we got to look at all the meats and cheeses and side dishes along the way. Then when we got fairly close you could see the menu.   I still had time to figure out what I want before I ordered. Once we got to the front mom ordered a half Italian combo on a baguette, I got a half Italian combo on the focaccia bread and dad got a half a cheesesteak. To go along with these we all three had regular sized drinks. So after we ordered and had our drink cups which we filled, we were lucky to be able to find a table between all the Italian goods on the shelves and all the other people that were waiting for there to go order or shopping.
 
Our table was next to the San Marzano tomatoes. From here we had to wait for what seemed like forever for our sandwiches. But eventually they were brought out
 
 
mine was filled with meat along with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, Italian dressing, mustard, and mayonnaise. I had the half version but it was rather large for a half. All the meat in my sandwich was pretty good except for the mortadella which I found out was like baloney which I didn't care for.
 
 
Dad really liked his cheesesteak thought it was one of the better ones he's had.
 
 
Mom's was just like mine but with a different kind of bread which she seemed to like. This was at another successful trip for lunch especially for a slightly lighter lunch.








 2334 N Scottsdale Rd A133, Scottsdale, AZ 85257



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment