Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Chanpen Thai Cusine – Phoenix Arizona

March 3, 2016

This place was pretty close to our hotel and had very good ratings on yelp so we decided to stop in on a Thursday night. This is the kind of place you would call a hole in the wall, definitely not the prettiest place. Inside there were only six tables. When we came in there were two guys that got up to make room for us because they said they were just ordering takeout. But we actually sat at the other table that was available because it worked better for us. Pretty soon menus were brought to our table along with ice water with lemon. When the waiter came back to take our orders he never did ask for our drink orders but water was fine for all of us. My dad and I both got the stir-fried silver noodles with chicken I got heat level 2 and that night dad decided to get zero or no spice added to his. And mom ordered the cashew chicken with spice level 2. In a bit after we ordered they brought out a plate for my mom and then after that a bowl of rice for my mom’s dish. And then real soon after mine and dad’s noodle dishes and mom’s cashew chicken in a bowl came out.
 
The Silver noodle dish with chicken also had broccoli, carrots, onions, cabbage, egg and a very good sauce with chili sprinkled on top and dads without that and also raw bean sprouts on the side which neither of us really cared for. The egg in the dish was not over fried like you sometimes get with similar dishes. This was downright delicious and definitely the best Thai food I’ve ever had although I’ve only been to a handful of places.
 
Mom’s cashew chicken was great as well.  The sauce was exceptional. The level 2 spice on both of our entrées was kind of a bit spicy. Mom said if we go back she would get the level 1. I thought it was a bit spicy too, but I think I still might get the level 2. This whole meal was so good, but unfortunately I ran out of room and couldn’t eat any more of it although it was so good I wish I could have.
 
After they took our plates away they delivered the check and three little dishes with a scoop of green tea ice cream. If I read green tea ice cream on the menu I definitely would not order it. But since it was included and they brought it out I tried it out and it was actually very good and a lot better than I would’ve expected it to be. This was a perfect way to end a great meal. The outside and inside of the building weren’t exactly too appealing but that’s where some of the best food is found and this was especially the case with Chanpen Thai Cusine.
 




 
 
 

Address: 2727 E Broadway Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85040
   

No comments:

Post a Comment