Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chino Bandido - Phoenix AZ

March 8, 2012.

If you watch drive-ins and dives you may remember this place because of how different it is. We walked in and found forms right inside the door to fill out with choices of Mexican, Cuban, and Chinese that you can have by themselves or in burritos or Quesadillas. After you fill out your form you take it to the counter and order there. I decided to get a combo which came with two items of the 14 on the list and a type of rice and a type of beans. I had the chile relleno by itself and jade red chicken in a quesadilla with chicken fried rice and Cuban black beans. 

My dad had another combo I can't really remember what it was. My mom had just the chicken teriyaki bowl. After a few minutes they brought out the food in little tin plate type things along with three snicker doodles.  I thought the food was okay but not really that great. It was not the best of any food item; the chile relleno, the quesadilla or Chinese food I've ever had but the combination of all the food I had was interesting and quite different. This made it a fun place to go because where else can you get Mexican food and Chinese food together with a snickerdoodle for dessert.

The snickerdoodle was delicious I took only one bite of it there because I was full and couldn’t eat anymore, so I took it with me and ate it little later but it was still soft and was probably the best snickerdoodle I have had besides my moms. I also liked the Cuban black beans; the fried rice I thought was good but was a little different than what I would think of fried rice.  The chile relleno was kind of different, it was like a crispy wonton around the pepper and cheese that was splitting up and falling apart.  The jade red chicken quesadilla was similar to what you would get if you had sesame chicken in a quesadilla.


I don’t think I would come here specifically for any item except maybe the snikerdoodle, but I would come back to see what other crazy combinations I could come up with.






15414 North 19th Avenue   Phoenix, AZ 85023

No comments:

Post a Comment