Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Monday, May 21, 2012

El bravo - Phoenix, AZ

March 10, 2012
We walked in and were told to sit wherever we wanted, so we picked a table and in a little bit a waiter came with menus and asked if we wanted chips and salsa which they charge for. Which we did.  He brought the chips and salsa back and took our drink orders which were all cokes.

The chips I thought were kind of small but did taste good. There was one salsa in a bowl which was okay but there was something I couldn't figure out what it was.  It was something I tasted before could figure out what was for a while.  I finally figured out it was cucumber which I thought was kind of weird in a salsa but it tasted alright, not my favorite salsa.  There was also a squeeze bottle of hot sauce which I thought was pretty good and my favorite of the two.  I read that they had good tamales and I wanted to try place that makes good tamales to see if I actually like them.  The combos that included the green chile tamale had a salad cream enchilada with it which I didn't really want.   
So I got the beef tamale with the cheese enchilada. And my mom thought she would try the green chile tamale with the sour cream enchilada. My dad continued his search for the best chimichanga and got the beef chimichanga. All these came with rice and beans.   My mom right away gave me a piece of her green chile tamale, but dropped it on my plate before I took the picture.  I tasted it and thought right away I should've got that it was really good chicken and green chilies in the masa with a green sauce on it. It was delicious.

My beef tamale I thought was probably a good tamale but I think I'm not too big of a fan tamales, but it was pretty good for a tamale. My cheese enchilada I thought was fairly average or maybe a little better. We all thought the rice and beans were good too.  

My dad also really enjoyed his chimichanga which he said was one of the best ones he's had.  Here you pay up at the counter, so we paid and headed out after enjoying our meals.

El Bravo had pretty good food, and it seemed like a family run place.  I also thought their menu was nice how you could get combos or you could just get individual items.

 



8338 North 7th Street Phoenix AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment