Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Guadalajara - Windsor CO


January 9, 2013

The godfather wanted to buy me lunch for my birthday, so we decided to give Guadalajara a try since I hadn’t been there in years. 

We arrived a little after 11:30 and the place was rather empty, a few tables were taken, but not many.  So we were seated immediately, given menus and had chips and salsa arrive quickly. 




I thought the chips were good, but were kind of small.  the salsa I liked, but we both thought it was too thin and hard to get very much on a chip. Most of it would run back off.  As we ate these we looked over the menu, but ended up at the lunch menu on the back.  We both choose a beef enchilada and a beef taco combo plate that came with rice and beans. Also we let them know it was my birthday and they said they do a dessert for birthdays.  




Very quickly our food came out, our meals were rather large the enchilada was not the best; the beef was mixed with sauce inside.  While this wasn’t terrible it wasn’t all that good either.  The taco had the same beef inside with lettuce and cheese on top with just your basic taco shell, but the problem was it was sitting in the enchilada sauce and was rather soggy underneath.  So I had to eat it with my fork.  The plate was filled with a large portion of rice and beans along with coleslaw.  The rice and beans were just so so, and the coleslaw I’d rather not even have it on my plate.  The lunch combos were a decent price and you got a lot of food for your money, but just not the greatest quality food.  The food I thought was very similar to Inca's in Ft. Collins.  



As we were finishing up eating our meals they brought out a plate of 4 sopapillas triangles, and two smaller plates, the sopapillas were topped with whipped cream, a strawberry sauce and drizzled with honey.  Also they brought out a sombrero which was quite heavy for me to wear, and sang happy birthday to me in both Spanish and English.   We both thought the sopapillas were very good; in fact they were the best part of the meal.  The godfather and I both agreed that the food wasn’t all that great, but they did have big portions so you do get a lot for your money.   The service was very good and free birthday sopapillas are always nice.





1281 Main Street  Windsor, CO 80550

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment