Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Original Garcia’s - Phoenix Arizona

March 9, 2013

After a cool chilly day at a spring training game between the Rockies and the Angels we decided to continue our Mexican food tour of Phoenix. Right away when we arrived we were seated at this point it wasn’t real crowded in the place, but it wasn't completely empty either.
 

Right away they took our drink orders we all three got Cokes for $8.25 total and also they brought a basket of chips and three little salsa bowls for each of us. I figured I better not eat any the salsa in case it was too hot before my drink came, so I waited a bit till they brought our drinks. Then I started, I thought the chips were all right. The salsa was good. I decided to order the number eight combo which was a green enchiladas for $9.25 plus I added a dollar for chicken (the menu said $1.50). Mom got the number seven combo which was the chile rellenos for $8.95.
 
Dad decided to get his chimichanga with the special beef (shredded beef) for $9.25.

All three of these combos came with Rice and beans. While were waited we had time to look around at some of the interesting things hanging on the walls. It seemed like it did take quite a while for our food to come but eventually it did.  When the waiter sat the plates down he told us that the plates were hot. The plates were rather large filled and with food.
 
My green enchiladas didn't seem too green really.  I was expecting a green sauce but it wasn't exactly green. There were some green chilies inside so maybe that's what they meant. It was still okay, but it was sure not the best enchilada I've ever had. The Rice on the side I thought was terrible and the beans I thought were just beans.

Mom ate her food, but didn't really say much about it.  Dad did not think his was all that good. While we were eating I don't think our waiter came back to check on us at all until It was check time. So we paid our bill and were on our way.  On the way out the front, two huge groups were being seated. This place seemed rather popular but my opinion it must not have been for the food.

 

 

 


2212 N 35th Ave Phoenix, AZ 85009



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment