Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Harris pizza – Rock Island Illinois

August 6, 2016

I kept reading about Quad City-style pizza, so I did a little more research and found out that these pizzas have malt in the crust, usually the sauce has chili flakes and is a tad spicy, the sausage is ground and goes under the cheese, and these pizzas are typically cut into strips instead of slices.  I also found that there were many places that have Quad city style pizzas.  So since this seemed like a popular thing to get in the area I figured we ought to try it out. From what I found it looked like Harris pizza has been around for quite a while so I figured it was the one to try. When we arrived they seated us pretty quickly and took our drink orders which mom and I both ordered Pepsi’s and dad got a Hanks root beer in a glass bottle which they also brought out a cup with ice. We looked at the menu for a little bit, but since a Quad cities pizza seemed like sausage was the most common type we quickly decided to just order a large sausage pizza. So soon after when our waitress returned that’s what we ordered. As we waited I thought this place seemed like it’s probably a very popular local pizza place.
 
We waited for a while and then our waitress brought plates and then not too long later our pizza was delivered.  It was quite big probably a 16 inch and cut in strips like Quad city style pizzas should be. Some of the strips were long which made them a little bit harder to eat but it was doable. The sausage was ground and under the cheese.  The sauce didn’t seem too different to me but tasted alright.  I thought my first try at a quad city pizza was good and we had a decent pizza, but I don’t think it was as different as it sounded, it basically tasted like a good pizza and it was just cut differently. I won’t exactly go out of my way for a quad city pizza, but I would be alright with eating another.
 







3903 14th Ave, Rock Island, IL 61201


No comments:

Post a Comment