Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Golden Europe Restaurant - Arvada, CO

September 28, 2013

 
Hungry for a Schnitzel we stopped in for an early dinner.  Soon after being seated our waitress came and took our drink orders mom had an iced tea, dad and I both ordered a Pepsi. 
 
 
 
In a few minutes she brought out our drinks with the Pepsis still in the can.  Our waitress explained the special which was a pork schnitzel with a creamy dill sauce along with red cabbage and spätzle.   In a few minutes she came back to take our order mom and dad got the special. I went with the Jaeger schnitzel, on the menu they list the sides that come with each schnitzel but the waitress did ask if that's the sides we wanted. So I decided to try the red cabbage instead of the sauerkraut along with the spätzle. These schnitzels also came with a salad.
 
Soon after this the waitress brought out our salads and a basket of bread.  The bread was all right
 
 
and the salads were just basic salads with carrots, tomatoes and a slice of cucumber on top.   The Ranch dressing was really thin and runny. Once our salad plates were taken away we only waited a little bit before our meals came. 


 My Jaeger schnitzel was a pork schnitzel with a brown gravy with a large amount of mushrooms and onions on top. This came with spätzle and the red cabbage that I substituted. This was quite good but I think they were kind of too many mushrooms and onions and more than enough gravy, but the extra was good with the spätzle which was rather plain but good. Also the gravy covered most of the schnitzel so I wish there would've been a little less so I would've had more of the crispy fried part of the schnitzel.  It all still tasted very good. The red cabbage however I wanted to try out had a strong vinegar taste and was also very sweet and after a few bites I couldn't handle it anymore.

 
Mom and dad both enjoyed their meals. I tried the sauce from dad's schnitzel and I didn't really like it as well as the brown gravy on my. After we're done eating the waitress brought the check in a little glass which was different but it gets the job done. After paying we went outside and there was quite a bit of a line waiting. One guy waiting held the door for us on the way out and said it must be good for such a line. This guy was in luck if he was ready for a very good German meal. As we left to head home I was fat and happy and had a box of leftovers for the next day minus the red cabbage.

 
 
 
  
  
6620 Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO 80003

 

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment