Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Copper Pot – Englewood CO

February 11, 2014

My parents and I stopped in for Lunch or Dinner you pick at about 3 o’clock and as you can imagine it  was very empty except for a few at the bar.  They told us to sit where ever we would like.  Then shortly our waitress took our drink orders all Pepsis ($2.25).  Once she came back with these, I wasn’t quite ready to order but did know I wanted a basket of onion rings ($5.95) so I ordered those.  A few minutes later we were ready to order.  I decided on the chicken pot pie ($9.95), mom got The Copper Classic ($9.95) and dad the Southwest Burger ($10.95). 
 
Shortly after this the basket of onion rings arrived.  Our waitress dropped off a bottle of ketchup and checked to see if we needed anything else.  We didn’t nor did we really need the ketchup for these because of how good these were and the chipotle ranch.  The light beer batter kept falling off but was very tasty and the onion would actually break when you bit it.  These came non salted but were that much better when I added salt.  The chipotle had strong chipotle flavor and a little bit of kick.  These are some of the best onion rings I’ve had just about anywhere.  Just as we were finishing these up our meals arrived the burgers both looked rather large and looked good. 
 
 
My pot pie looked alright, but you could only really see the top crust.  I started eating around the edge right under the crust that was just sitting on top.  Then I tried to break the crust up a little, but it wasn’t happening very easy, it was as hard of a crust I think I’ve ever seen.  Eventually I got a couple pieces broke off and it tasted alright, but was just kind of hard.  The filling hard grilled chicken which made the whole thing taste different than any pot pie I’ve had.  There were also carrots, celery and I think onions.  This had a very heavy and very thick filling, so I got full rather quickly and couldn’t eat all that much of it. 
  
Mom and dad kept adding ketchup to their burgers and said they were dry.  I would definitely return for the onion rings, but I’m not sure if anything else was worth returning for.   Nothing was terrible, but just not the greatest either.








2796 S Broadway, Englewood, CO 80113
 

No comments:

Post a Comment