Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

La Piñata Phoenix Arizona

March 9, 2014

After our spring training game for the day we decided to get Mexican food and try out La Piñata. So since it was right after a baseball game we were there early. Fairly quickly chips and salsa were brought and our drink orders were taken, once our drinks were brought we had some time to check out the menu. I wasn't so sure what to get so it took a little bit of time, but I eventually decided what I wanted to get and so did everyone else.  We still had to wait for quite a bit and finally after a long wait our waiter finally returned to take our orders.  I decided on a combo plate I can't remember what number but it was the green Chile burro and a cheese enchilada which came with rice and beans.
I think my mom got the Chile relleno plate and my dad got a beef chimichanga. I wasn't sure what to expect with my green Chile burro I didn't know if the green Chile was in it or smothered on top, but I figured I would try it out.  
 
 
We kept eating the chips and salsa which was really not to exciting but not awful or anything.
 
After a bit of a wait our food arrived and my green Chile burro just with the green Chile and pork inside and was actually pretty good and better than my cheese enchilada which was just ordinary. I also wasn't too excited about the Rice and beans.
 
 
Dad Thought his chimichanga was all right and a little different than typical, and definitely not the best he's ever had. This place had alright Mexican food but I have had quite a bit better in many different places.






3330 N 19th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85015




View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment