Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Monday, June 6, 2016

Baby Kay’s – Mesa Arizona

March 7, 2016

After a Rockies spring-training game we stopped in for some Cajun food. It’s been on my list to try for years even back to before they were even in this location. We were quickly told to sit wherever we wanted and menus were brought out quickly. Then I checked out the menu. I wanted to try multiple things so I thought one of the combos would be a good thing to try. So eventually we were ready to order I got the baby Kay’s combo ($10.50) which had red beans and rice and gumbo with chicken and sausage along with garlic bread and a side dish. I chose a salad. Mom ordered the same thing but with green olive coleslaw as her side dish. Dad was intrigued by the special which was a Cajun burger and ordered that with French fries.

My salad was just a basic salad but was good.
 
 
I liked my combo quite a bit and liked having two items. The gumbo I think I liked better but both were very good. Both of these had quite a bit of heat to them; hot enough to make my nose run, but not enough to make me cry. The garlic bread here was very good as well.
 
Dad’s burger had Andouille mixed inside and topped with chipotle caramelized onions and cheese, he really liked this and said it was a bit spicy and really good. Although it was not the best burger of the trip. (That’s coming soon) He also liked the sauce that came on the side; it was a bit spicy maybe a Remoulade sauce?  After so many years of wanting to try this place out I was very happy that we stopped here and were able to find some real good Cajun food.
 





 
2051 S Dobson Rd, Mesa, AZ 85202



No comments:

Post a Comment