Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Maria's New Mexican Kitchen – Santa Fe New Mexico

March 13, 2016

 
I had a tip from my pastor that this place was very good. So since we eat somewhere in Santa Fe every year on the way back from Phoenix we planned a stop. When we arrived it was not very full, but it did take a couple minutes for us to be seated.
 
Once we were our drink orders were taken and chips and salsa was delivered. I didn’t think the chips were all that good and the salsa tasted good, but it was a bit too hot for me. After a bit we ordered;
 
mom had green chile stew and dad and I both ordered the cheese enchilada plate Christmas style because I can’t ever decide if I want red or green chili, so I just usually get both. This also came with rice and beans and a sopapilla.
 
These enchiladas were blue corn stacked enchiladas like they should be in New Mexico. They were excellent to begin with but the red and green chili were both amazing on top with the perfect amount of heat. I don’t even want to try to pick a favorite I thought it was perfect with some of each the beans and rice were all right as well.
 
When we were about done our waiter brought out a fresh basket of sopapillas. I hadn’t had a sopapilla for quite a while and it was hot and delicious and perfect with the honey. This was a great meal to end our trip with and I would definitely go back and would recommend it to anybody that wants a good place for New Mexican food in Santa Fe.
 


 
 
Address: 555 W Cordova Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87505
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment