Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Goldie's Ice Cream Shoppe– Prairie city Iowa

August 9, 2016

This is my second stop for a pork tenderloin sandwich in Iowa, this time on our drive from Quad cities back to Omaha we stopped in Prairie city which is east of Des Moines. This was quite late for lunch and really in the middle of the afternoon around 2 o’clock. The building was rather small and they did have seating outside. Even though it was 2 o’clock it was still pretty much full. I wanted to try another version of a pork tenderloin sandwich before we got out of Iowa. So we all three ended up ordering a small Pepsi $1.90 a pork tenderloin sandwich for $7.27 and an order of Goldie’s fries for $2.90.
  
A bit after we ordered our food was delivered and the lady that brought it asked me if I was sure I could eat the whole thing and I wasn’t sure after seeing how big the thing was, but I said I was gonna try. The sandwich had a huge piece of pork that was breaded and crispy and fairly thin, topped with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise with a regular sized hamburger bun. I ate and ate and ate and eventually throw in the towel.  I probably ate a bit more than half of it. This was good pork and I really liked how crispy it was and the mayonnaise was perfect on top. A few pieces of the pork were a bit tough and chewy but most of it was pretty good. The fries I really liked too, they were battered and crispy and I thought were very good. After eating I was absolutely stuffed, but my parents both had enough room left to try their ice cream. They both picked the flavor of the day which was mint chocolate chip for $1.87. This was all right my sample anyways, but wasn’t the best ice cream I’ve ever had. I also enjoyed this place because it being a small town type place.



 


 
 
TC's Point After DeWitt, IA
 
 

I very much enjoyed my second attempt at pork tenderloin sandwich and thought it was interesting how different the two in Iowa I had were. Both very good in different ways.
 
 



Goldie's Ice Cream Shoppe– Prairie city Iowa










Goldie's Ice Cream Shoppe
Address: 304 W 2nd St, Prairie City, IA 50228
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment