Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Friday, June 9, 2017

Chanpen Thai Cusine – Tempe Arizona

March 10, 2017

Last year we visited their original location and had a very good meal. This location was a bit more convenient this time. When we entered they pointed at one of the tables we could sit at.  
 
Once we were seated they brought large ball jars full of water with lime. After a bit of time looking at the menu our waiter came, but I wasn’t quite ready to make a decision yet so he left. After I looked a little bit more and decided what I wanted a different waiter came to take our order I ordered the cashew chicken ($9.95). Dad the stir fried silver noodles with chicken ($9.95) and mom ordered the spicy sweet basil chicken ($9.95). All with 1 on the 1-5 heat scale.  Pretty soon after our food arrived.
 
I thought my cashew chicken was pretty good it had decent quality chicken and a good amount of vegetables and the sauce tasted very good as well.  This was very good but I should have ordered this with a larger amount of spice and I think it would have been even better.  I tried mom’s spicy sweet basil chicken and it tasted pretty good too. She enjoyed this
 
and I think dad thought his was all right.
 
Just about as we were finishing up they brought three little dishes with a little scoop of coconut ice cream which was pretty good and a nice touch to end the meal. Overall I thought Chanpen Thai was pretty good at this location, but I think I enjoyed their food more at their original location.
 
 
 
 
2700 W Baseline Rd, Tempe, AZ 85283
  

No comments:

Post a Comment