Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sam's number three - Aurora Colorado

Friday the 13th January 13, 2012

It was Friday the 13th and we had another trip down to the Denver area for doctor appointments, and I had seen Sam’s number three on diner’s drive-ins and dives.  We were seated pretty quickly then our waitress came.  She set water and cups on the table, she asked if we still needed time, we did since the menu was huge; they have a whole Greek menu, a whole Mexican menu, a breakfast menu, and a sandwich menu all together to make one huge menu.  We did go ahead and order an appetizer which was cheese curds, but she didn't ask is for our drink orders which I thought was kind of weird.  When she came back with the cheese curds, we figured out what to order including drinks. 


The cheese curds were not the best, but they were good and so was the marinara sauce. They were just like the cheese curds we had had in green bay, which happened to be my least favorite of the cheese curds we had on our trip to Wisconsin. I decided to get the chile relleno with eggs (8.99)which came with home fries and toast, I had a choice of the bread/potatoes also could have had biscuits and gravy or pancakes. My mom had the chile relleno (8.99) that came with the rice and beans on the Mexican part of the menu with cups of sour cream, guacamole and salsa on the side. My dad had the chorizo and eggs. He thought the chorizo was okay but nothing really too great.


My mom really liked her chile relleno with the rice and beans. I thought everything was really good I thought my chile rellenos were good, but they were a little too cheesy and I actually almost choked on the cheese. 


 They were pretty good and were the crispy type l like, but what I really liked was the green chili.  It was a little spicy, but not really too hot and I liked that it had tomatoes in it which I thought was good and quite a bit of pork.  I thought my eggs and home fries were kind of boring and thought that more green chili on would've made them a lot better.  The next day I realized that I was supposed to have toast with my meal but I did not get it but that’s not the end of the world. Overall this place was good, but not quite great.  I had survived eating out on Friday the 13th.





2580 South Havana Street
Aurora, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment