Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Oklahoma Joe's - Olathe, KS

September 13, 2012

We were in Kansas City and decided to continue our bbq tour, which brought us here.  We came here a few years ago before the blog.  I remember it being good, but not too much more than that.

 This is a place where you order at a counter and you pick up your food at the other end of the counter.  We got here at the late end of lunch time and the line was still quite long at that point, but the line actually went really quick and we got through in not very long.  However there were not many places to sit, so the 3 of us squeezed into a table for 2.  This day was also a rainy and cold day, so when I saw they had gumbo, I knew I needed to get some and since it’s a barbeque place, I needed barbeque.

 Regular Sandwiches come with 4 ounces of meat and jumbo sandwiches come with 6 ounces, so my mom and I both got a cup of gumbo and shared a jumbo turkey sandwich.  My dad had another kind of sandwich which I'm not sure what it was. He ordered fries to go with his sandwich.


The turkey was very good especially with the barbecue sauce. It was a simple sandwich but it was good.   


The gumbo was also pretty good, and was warm and had quite a bit of kick, this was over rice.

The fries were huge and enough for all three of us to share. We all thought the fries are pretty good, they had some kind of seasoning on it which was good and then they were just good fries underneath the seasoning. This was also very good dipped in the barbecue sauce.

They had two sauces a regular and the night of the living bbq sauce which was their spicy barbecue sauce this one was my favorite of the two because it had a good amount to kick it. 


 




11950 South Strang Line Road
Olathe, KS

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment