Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Zarda barbecue - Lenexa, KS

September 13, 2012

A Few days before we got to Kansas City I read and saw a picture of Billy Butler's Ton of barbecue sandwich. Being a baseball fan and a food fan I had to get the sandwich named for the Royals designated hitter. This came with the choice of meat I picked pulled pork this was topped with melted provolone, two onion rings and barbecue sauce.  I ordered the cheesy potatoes as my side. My dad also got the same sandwich and my mom just got a plain barbecue sandwich we also ordered the fried pickles.

After we ordered at the counter we picked a table and shortly they brought out our food.
 


The Billy Butlers ton of barbeque sandwich looked great when it arrived.  But after eating part of the sandwich I wasn't so sure about it, but I also wasn't all that hungry to begin with which might have been part of the problem.  It was okay but I actually don't think I liked the melted cheese, I think I would have preferred just a plain meat and sauce sandwich.  The onion rings were just onion rings that weren’t anything special. The cheesy potatoes were actually pretty good, quite greasy but tasted pretty good.
 
The fried pickles my parents thought were good but I wasn't so sure, I thought they were ok but nothing special either.  My parents both thought the place was good and didn't see anything wrong with it, but I on the other hand thought it was just average.

 

 

11931 West 87th Street Parkway
Lenexa, KS 66215

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment