Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

RJ's Bob-Be-Que Shack -Mission Kansas


September 12, 2012

We met some relatives in Kansas City for some barbecue.  This was one of the places they like in Kansas City and was also featured on diner’s drive-ins and dives. When we first got out of the car I could immediately smell something smoking which is a very good sign. When we went in before they put a table together for us.  For appetizers someone wanted corn fritters which I'd never had before. 
 
Also dad really wanted to try jalapeno sausage. A couple people liked this and others including me who don’t particularly like sausage to begin with didn't care for it. 

 
The fritters were great and were just like dough with corn that was fried. The ranch dressing with it was kind of thin, but did taste good. These might be one of my new favorite appetizers.

I decide to get the rib special which was half a slab of ribs with one side which I picked of bob be que beans. My dad had burnt end sandwich and I don't remember exactly what everyone else had.
 
I thought the ribs were good, but not the greatest ribs in the world.  They did pretty much fall off the bone. The beans had a coffee flavor in them, which is one thing I hate so I didn't care for them. I also got to sample the fried okra and it was great and the best yet that I've tried. My dad let me sample his burnt ends and I immediately knew what I should've have had. The barbecue sauce here I thought was decent but probably not my favorite barbecue sauce I've had.




 

 

5835 Lamar Ave
Mission, KS 66202

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment