Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Bohemian brewery Salt Lake City Utah

June 17, 2014

Our first day in Salt Lake City was very rainy and it pretty much rained all day. I had Bohemian brewery on my list, but more for some of the dinner entrées like the schnitzel and chicken paprikash which I wanted to try, but it was lunch time and seemed like a good day for soup or something more like that and I saw it on their menu online. Once we made it through the rain we were ready to eat.  we were seated and informed of the special which was some sort of a burger. Also we ordered our drinks we all three had Cokes. As soon as our waitress returned with the drinks we were ready to order I decided to get a bowl of French onion soup along with some garlic fries. Mom also had a bowl of French onion soup and also the three Pierogi appetizer. Dad got a Pastrami Philly cheese steak that had peppers, onions, Swiss and chipotle aioli this came with garlic fries.
 
Somewhere along the line our waitress also brought a basket of bread with a butter like spread.   I'm not sure what it was but I think green olives and pimentos were in there, this I didn't care for but my parents seemed to like. After a bit of wait the waitress brought out the food and after she figured out where to put everything to fit best we were ready to eat.
 
The French onion soup was good but I definitely have had better, but it was still the perfect thing for a cool rainy day.
 
I liked the garlic fries quite a bit they were salty garlicky and very tasty and they came with house aioli which seemed like it was just the same as the chipotle aioli from dad’s sandwich. There were plenty of fries and even with help I couldn’t finish them.
 
I tried one of the bacon and onion Pierogi these were very good. They were just a good basic potato Pierogi that was pan-fried with bacon and onions on top. I haven't exactly had many Pierogis but these were the best yet. Dad also seemed to like his sandwich he thought it was pretty good cheese steak and he also very much enjoyed the garlic fries as well. This was a very good place and I liked how many different types of choices you had from Pierogis, sausages and schnitzel's to sandwiches and garlic fries. I hope to sometime return and try maybe a schnitzel or maybe a different entrée.  








 94 E 7200 S, Midvale, UT 84047



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment