Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Red Iguana Salt Lake City Utah


June 17, 2014

 
Red Iguana in Salt Lake City has been featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives and with all the good reviews online we had to stop in. When we arrived it was packed and we were told would be about 45 minute wait. So we waited out front with everyone else because there is no room inside. All day had been rainy but it had stopped for bit while we were waiting, but as we waited it started dumping again. So mom and I went to wait in the car and dad got an umbrella from the restaurant and continued to wait in front. Finally we had a table. We had heard about mole but have never really had any so I wanted to try some out.
Right away we got our drink orders taken all three Cokes again and they brought a basket of chips and salsa. I thought the salsa was a little different but I thought was very tasty and had a decent amount heat the only problem was a lot of the chips were small broken pieces.

 
 We also asked about the Mole sampler which I had seen so many pictures of online. The waitress went and quickly put this together and explained it all to us.
So I tested all the Moles I kind of liked the pumpkin one little bit and the Verde one but wasn't so sure about most of them. I wasn't sure if I want pumpkin mole enchilada or anything like that.
 
 
So I decided to get the enchiladas verdes as did mom. Dad had the chimichanga and decided to get some of the mole verde on the side. After I ordered I thought I'd make a quick stop the bathroom but this place was not very accessible and it took longer to get to the bathroom I thought. By the time I returned the food was already there. The mole verde on my enchilada was all right and like a green Chile sauce type thing and was thick and was all right, but I really just don't think I am a big fan of moles and this was pretty much what mom and dad thought as well. Dad did like his chimichanga and thought the sauce that normally came on top, but was served on the side was really good.
I thought this was just okay and I don't think I'm that big of a mole a fan but if you are this might be a great place for you.
 
 
 
736 W North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
 
 


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment