Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Friday, August 8, 2014

Penny Ann's Café Salt Lake City Utah

June 18, 2014

On this day we woke up and wanted breakfast, so we figured we would go to Penny Ann's Café for the heavenly hotcakes and whatever else they had. However I checked their website on my phone and found they only serve breakfast until 11 AM which we weren’t going to make it there by then. So we tried to figure out what else to do and we decided to just come here for lunch. When we arrived it was just before noon and only a few tables were taken. Right away our waitress came and took our drink orders and let us know of the special and that the soup of the day was chili. Soon after our waitress returned to take our orders. I decided to get the club sandwich. Mom got California Ciabatta with turkey bacon and avocado and dad had their Famous Grilled Reuben. None of these come with a side unless you added it to make a meal just dad did this. We waited for a while and tried to figure out what to do for the day. And soon enough our food was delivered by one of the other waitresses.
 
 
I really enjoyed my club sandwich the turkey and ham in it was better than most places and was like they actually cooked their own turkey and ham in the restaurant. Also in this the bacon was really good and the tomatoes were actually decent tomatoes unlike most places. This sandwich was kind of too big to eat very easily. I basically had to take it apart and have a BLT and a ham and turkey sandwich separately. This was also served with a pickle.
 
Mom also enjoyed her California Ciabatta sandwich.
 
 
Dad thought his Reuben was very excellent, I also thought it looked very good.
 
After we were finished yet another waitress came to see if we wanted any pie. Mom and dad both decide to get a slice of chocolate mousse pie. I didn't think I could eat a whole piece so I didn't get one. I just sampled mom and dad’s slices and after doing this I almost wanted to get my own. This place is very good sandwich was very good and the chocolate pie was excellent and enough of a reason to return.



 
 
1810 S Main St, Salt Lake City, UT ‎
  

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment