Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

R&R barbecue Salt Lake City Utah

June 19, 2014

Following a very nice day at the Red Butte Gardens we arrived here before five o'clock since we were headed to a Salt Lake City Bees game. Since it was so early we all just figure to get a sandwich and a side to go with it. After we looked at the menu for a bit we went to order at the one end of the counter. This counter is very high and being in a wheelchair this made it kind of difficult to order. We all three got a pulled pork sandwich and a side.  Mom got coleslaw, dad had french fries and I upgraded to fried okra. Once we got to the lower counter where you pay the lady at the counter asked if we wanted any pickles or onions on our sandwiches. I decide to get pickles and onions on my sandwich so she told the other lady who was behind the counter that I couldn't see. So the other lady comes and sticks her head around the counter and she says you want tomatoes and what else on your sandwich so I say just pickles and onions. After all of this we went to fill our drinks and find a table. They brought our sandwiches out and sides minus the fried okra which they said they will bring out in a minute.
 
When I open my sandwich up there are tomatoes and red onions and no pickles which was the main thing I wanted. And I'm not sure how they came up with tomatoes either. Right after this the lady from the cash register walked past and said didn't you want pickles? She said sorry about that and went to get some pickles. These were really good pickles to and I'm pretty sure they pickled their own.
 

And then I also got my fried okra. This fried okra is the best I've had anywhere and was fried perfectly.  They were a little greasy and a little salty and perfect if you ask me. After I picked my tomatoes off my sandwich and actually my onions too, I was thinking the pickles and onions would be on the side like most barbecue places I've been to.  
 
This was a very good pulled pork sandwich especially when I added a little bit of their barbecue sauce, which I think I like their spicy version a bit better and not because heat but I thought it just had a better flavor. I had wondered if a place in Utah could make really good barbecue like in Kansas City. This place made a good run at it and still might not be as good as places in Kansas City but it was still a dang good sandwich. And the fried okra you can't forget about that.
 
 
 


307 West 600 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
 
 
 

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment