Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Beaver Choice Mesa Arizona

March 10, 2015

This place has intrigued me for a few years now, the first year on our last day in Phoenix we were planning to go there on a Sunday until we realized they close early on Sundays.  The next year when we were in town they were in the middle of moving to a new location, the old one was closed and the new one wasn’t quite open yet so we’ve never been able to make it, but this year we were finally able to. When we entered the building they told us to sit wherever. We were early so there were plenty of tables except for the ones they said that were reserved. After this were brought menus and also were brought a cheese and potato pierogi for each of us to try.  These were delicious and I almost had to change and order these for dinner. Also we had time to check out the menu which was rather large with many things; Scandinavian food, Polish food, Canadian food, all kinds of food. I was already thinking to get Swedish meatballs I haven’t had real ones in a restaurant before just ones that my mom makes that are good, but I don’t know how they stack up against others and I didn’t change my mind even though the pierogis were so good. This came with a side dish which I picked the mashed potatoes and also with three side salads I picked coleslaw, Broccoli, and the tomato basil salad. Mom ordered the Danish meatballs or Frikadellers, she had the mashed potatoes, coleslaw, peas and a green salad.
 
Dad had some Swedish thing never heard of, called a shoemakers box that he thought the description sounded good. This came with pickles and the tomato basil salad and mashed potatoes under a pork loin and gravy. It seemed like our food came pretty soon which was all right with me.
 
This was all good stuff which came with two scoops of the mashed potatoes and plenty of gravy and the balls had good flavor and were soft in texture and the Lingon berries you can’t forget these, they pretty good. I tried some one of mom’s Danish meatballs and they were way too sweet for me. Mom liked them though and dad seemed to think his was pretty good too. It Seemed like after we ate that’s when the service started to go slow, but eventually we were brought a dessert menu and our waitress said they were out of the cheesecake pierogis which I wanted to try. So after we waited for a while, not our waitress but the owner who seemed like a very friendly person came and took our dessert order my dad mentioned something about the cheesecake pierogis being gone so we would just get the regular cheesecake. The lady said that they didn’t run out of them that she just didn’t have time to make them today.
 
So my parents just got the regular cheesecake to share. In a bit this was brought out with an extra spoon for me to try it and I thought it was very good, so did my parents. Eventually we got our check paid and left and I was very impressed and happy with my meal.







 Baseline Mercado, 745 W Baseline Rd, Mesa, AZ 85210



No comments:

Post a Comment