Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Forno 301 – Phoenix Arizona



March 12, 2017

After we visited the Desert botanical gardens we were hungry for pizza. However not many of the places that have Neapolitan pizza are open on Sunday night except for Forno 301 so we decided to try it out. We were seated right away at the first table.  We took a little bit of time looking over the menu that was mostly in Italian and pretty soon an Italian guy, who I think was the owner, came over to our table.  First he said something in Italian which I didn't understand, but I eventually figured out he wanted to take my order. So I ordered the margarita pizza as did my mom and my dad ordered the 301 saying that it was the only thing on the menu he could pronounce. Which the owner thought was hilarious.  In a bit after we ordered our pizzas arrived.   


I thought my margarita pizza was really quite good it had fresh mozzarella, tomato sauce and topped with fresh basil and the crust was good too with a few char spots here and there. So it had everything margarita pizza should have.  I think the best part was when you got a basil leaf in a bite with everything else. 


My dad's 301 pizza had sausage, onion and mushroom.  He liked it pretty well and my mom enjoyed hers quite a bit as well. After we were done eating we sat waited for a while and they didn't say anything about paying or even bring the check, so eventually we went up to the counter to pay.  I had a very good margarita pizza at Forno 301 and I would definitely be happy to return and get another one.







Address: 301 W Roosevelt St, Phoenix, AZ 85003

No comments:

Post a Comment