Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Southern Sun Pub & Brewery - Boulder, CO



July 21, 2017

We met some relatives that were visiting Boulder for the day, so we decided to meet at Southern Sun pub and brewery in Boulder.  When we arrived at about 1 o'clock the patio on the way in looked pretty much full and there were a decent amount of people still in inside.  Once we were seated they let you sit wherever you want and we had time to chat and look over the menu although I already looked online and kind of had an idea of what I wanted.  Eventually when they were ready to take our orders I had it down to two choices the Gooney bird or the junk burger, but when it was my turn to order I decided on the Gooney bird ($8.50). Dad decided on the junk burger ($9.95) and mom just got the cheeseburger ($8.00) I'm not hundred percent sure what everyone else got but one cousin did get the Gooney bird and another cousin had a burrito. Also some of the group tried some of their beers as well. When they took our orders they wanted a name with each order, but after a while when they eventually brought the food out they didn't say anything about names just brought it out by what it was. So once everyone got their food 


 
 I started in on my sandwich which was a bit messy mostly because the filling was bigger than the baguette which is what our cousin noticed as well. This was basically like a cheesesteak but with turkey instead and was topped with sautéed mushrooms and onions which were excellent in it, but I thought could've used a bit more of them and this was topped with melted Swiss cheese and there was a good roasted garlic mayonnaise on the bread but it seemed like there might not of been enough in some places. And on top of this on the other side of the baguette was lettuce tomato and onion this was a nice addition to the sandwich, but I had issues and had to fight the lettuce when I was trying to eat it. With my sandwich I substituted the French fries for a dollar extra (the sandwich normally comes with corn chips). I thought the fries were pretty good but not my favorite fries I've ever had but mom and dad both had him and thought they were really good. 


Dad's junk burger which I almost decided to order had basically everything the Gooney bird had on it but with bacon as well and your choice of cheese he really enjoyed this a lot and thought it was one of the better burgers he’s  had anywhere. Overall I think just about everybody enjoyed their lunch and there weren’t many complaints and we had a nice meal and got to catch up. Once we were done eating the place had cleared out a little bit, but it still appeared like the patio was still quite full.  I enjoyed my sandwich quite a bit, but after how my dad talked about the burger and how it looked I am looking forward to returning and trying one of those.







Address: 627 S Broadway Ste E, Boulder, CO 80305



No comments:

Post a Comment