Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Harrys Roadhouse - Santa Fe, NM

March 13, 2012



We were headed back home and thought we would just eat lunch in Santa Fe.  This Place was featured on Diners Drive Ins and Dives. I knew it was right off the interstate and not too hard to find. When we got there they said it will be a little bit of a wait. While we were waiting more people kept coming in behind us and getting their names on the waiting list. It actually took quite a while to get a table because there were limited tables that were easy to get a wheelchair to. But while we were waiting a manager looking type was kind of actually quite entertaining to watch him talking to employees and to other customers. After we were seated it seemed like the service was kind of slow but not necessarily bad. It took a little while to figure out what I wanted to from the menu. There were choices on the menu from vegetarian and vegan type things, which if you read my blog often you know that I'm not going there, to choices with meat, light choices to more filling items. I did finally decide to get the half grilled cheese sandwich which I added ham along with the chicken noodle soup.  My mom had the same thing without the ham. My dad decided to try the turkey Reuben which I was kind of surprised by that, but he wanted to see if it would be any good compared to a normal Reuben which is one of his favorites.                                                                                 

The grilled cheese sandwich also had caramelized onions in it along with Tillamook cheddar this sandwich was really good.  It tasted kind of like French onion soup in a sandwich and the ham was a nice addition to it. The soup was really good as well.   It had a very good broth with noodles and vegetables which included peas which I thought was a little different but was still okay.

My dad thought his sandwich was good, but would prefer a traditional Reuben.  This place felt a lot different than most places I’ve been, but the food tasted really good.

My parents both decided to get pie, a piece of lemon meringue and a piece of chocolate cream pie.  I tasted both and thought both were pretty good, but I think I liked the chocolate slightly better.  They were both good pies but I think the crust could've been better.


If you can handle a long wait this would be a place for a very good meal.






96 Old Las Vegas Highway # B  Santa Fe, NM 87505

No comments:

Post a Comment