Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Macayos - Phoenix AZ

March 12, 2012

This was our last night in Phoenix and I still hadn't had my chimichanga. And I knew this place was supposed to be famous for their chimichangas and said they were the home of the chimichanga. When we went in which was early we were seated right away. The first thing I noticed was all the bright colors red orange yellow blues greens and a couple of fake parrots sitting around.

They brought our drinks and a bowl of chips and with two bowls of salsa (both the same). This wasn't all that great but it was all right and definitely the worst of the trip. All three of us decided to get the chimichanga dinner special for $8.99 which came with choice of beef or chicken and one side.   For a higher price you can get two sides. I had the chicken chimichanga and I think my parents have the beef. My mom and I both got rice and my dad had both rice and beans.

We all thought the chimichanga was good but not the best chimichanga ever but was a pretty solid one. This was also topped with what they called relleno sauce. I don't know if I really liked this sauce it was kind of like a tomatoey sauce that was a little different than I've ever had on a chimichanga. The chimichanga was nice and crispy even with the sauce.

This was a good chimichanga not the best, but good.  I also liked how you didn’t have to have rice and beans, unless you want both.







1909 West Thunderbird Road Phoenix, AZ 85023

No comments:

Post a Comment