Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

El Bravo Mexican restaurant - Phoenix Arizona update


March 7, 2013

 
Last year we went to El bravo and thought my meal was good, but when I tried my mom’s green Chile chicken tamale I knew I had to come back for one of my own. This time I wasn't exactly starving when we got there after a spring training game between the Mariners and the Athletics. So I decided to not get a whole combo, I just had a green Chile corn chicken tamale with sauce and a side of rice. Mom had the same tamale in the combo with a sour cream enchilada with Rice and beans.
 
Dad had the shredded beef chimichanga which he says is one of the best he's had. His also came with Rice and beans.
 
 
This tamale was the greatest tamale I think I've ever had and I typically don't like them all that well. But this was no ordinary tamale.  Our waiter said that it was a little spicy and asked if that was okay, I didn’t think it was too spicy though.  The tamale itself was very good, but I really enjoyed the green sauce that came on top. Throughout our meal the service was very good and at the end they brought out three little cinnamon crisp things that were also very good. This was the same as our previous visit. All this we got for $38.47 which we thought was a very good value and it was actually cheaper than breakfast that day at Butterfields.







8338 N 7th St Phoenix, AZ 85020



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment