Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Midwestern meats - Mesa Arizona


March 8, 2013

We arrived late for lunch so we thought it wouldn’t be too crowded, but when we pulled in there was a parking attendant and the parking lot was full except for one spot I think that we took. Then when we get out of the car people were waiting in front. So we got on the waiting list and went to check out their bakery and their meat market.  By the time we went through both of them they had a table for us. They kept Apologizing for the wait, but it didn't seem like it was that bad of a wait. When we were seated I think they picked one of the biggest tables they could find for just the three of us.  

I read a little bit about this place online and saw they have stuffed cheeseburger and was intrigued.   We waited a little bit until our waitress came; she took our drink orders which were all got Cokes. We also decided to get the onion rings.   
 
Not too long later she brought out a basket of onion rings and asked if we wanted ranch to go with it. We did so she went back and came right back with ranch. These were okay but not really the greatest onion rings just average we did quickly finish the whole basket mostly because we were starving. I decided to get the bacon and cheddar stuffed burger which is what mom got as well. Dad went with the blue cheese bacon burger just the regular version not the stuffed. The burgers also came with French fries and coleslaw.  






Once the burgers came out I knew it was going to make a mess and wasn't sure how to get it in my mouth to begin with.
  
 
So I figured cutting it in half would help out and for a picture. When I took my first bite I thought wow this is one of the best burgers I think I've ever had. The burger was just a really good burger to begin with, which it should be in a meat market then the cheese inside with really good bacon made for an excellent cheeseburger. This was on a very good bun from their bakery I'm not sure that I think it was the right bun for this particular burger, but it was fresh made from their bakery. I thought it tasted kind of more like a dinner roll.  

 There was also lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions topping the Burger. These were okay except for the tomato.  The coleslaw with the burger was just coleslaw which isn't my favorite. The fries I thought were quite good. This burger was really great, but was a little difficult to eat and made a mess but it was sure worth it. 
 
When we were done eating our waitress came back and asked if we wanted any pie, I was stuffed just like my burger was so I didn’t but dad decided to have a slice of chocolate cream pie.  The waitress went into the bakery and walked back through to the kitchen to cut the pie.  This was not that big of a slice, dad thought this was really good as did I from my sample.  By the time we were ready to leave probably around 2 o’clock it was still fairly full.  This was one of the top 2 burgers I’ve ever had (Epic Pizza and Subs in St. Louis is the other)

 

 


4308 E Main St  Mesa, AZ 85205
 

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment