Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ranch house grille - Phoenix Arizona


March 6, 2013

On this day I woke up thinking that it was a perfect day for breakfast especially since we're planning on going to the Desert Botanical gardens afterwards. But by the time we got there from our hotel that was on the north part of Phoenix, which took a while, I changed my mind about breakfast. This was the perfect place since they have both breakfast and lunch. This was a nice family owned place where many of the customers seemed like regulars. We were on the late side of lunch, so it was not very busy.

When we walked they said to sit wherever we would like and then they quickly brought out menus for us and took our drink orders. Mom and I both got iced tea and dad had a Coke. We then had some time to look over the menu and check out the ads that were all over the table. I cut it down to two choices the club sandwich or the page special which had most of the same things in it, but when it was time to order I decided the page special because of it having the green Chile and it being grilled. Mom decided to get the California chicken sandwich. Dad decided to get the Reuben sandwich. These all came with French fries or you could substitute many of their other items. So we sat a while and just enjoyed our time thinking about the botanical gardens and everything else we wanted to do on the trip.

But pretty quick the food came.
 
My sandwich the page special had roast beef and ham along with a green Chile and Swiss this was all on grilled sourdough. This sandwich was really great and I enjoyed it tremendously the roast beef and ham were both good with Swiss but what I thought made it really good was the green Chile this gave it a little bit of a kick, not real much but some along with just the really good flavor from a roasted Chile. The fries that came with this I thought were average, but there were a ton of them.

Mom thought her California chicken sandwich was really good as well. It was a grilled chicken breast topped with avocado and Swiss. Also the plate had lettuce, tomato and onion to go on top of her sandwich.
 
Dad really enjoyed his Reuben sandwich and said it was very good, which he would know because it's one of his favorite sandwiches. I tested the Thousand Island dressing that came on the side, and you could definitely tell that it was homemade. Our waiter came back to check on us a couple of times. We never did need refills which was mostly because the cups were so big. When we were done he left us our ticket. When we were done we paid at the counter. $39.07 plus tip I thought was a very good value for the amount of food and really good food as well as good service. I was kind of curious about why they called the sandwich, the page special but their cups had a Page, Arizona address and when I looked online I found out that's where their other location is at.





5618 E Thomas Rd Phoenix, AZ 85008

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment