Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Bop & Gogi – Centennial, Colorado

November 18, 2015

I read about and had been intrigued by this place for some time now, especially how you got to choose your three side dishes. This included kimchi, cucumber and other veggie sides and Jap chae among various other side items, but sometime along the way they changed ownership so I didn’t know how much had changed but I still wanted to try the place out. We arrived for quite a late lunch after a doctor’s appointment in Denver. The place was empty except for one or two other people that came in. We went up to the counter and checked out the menu I eventually ordered a Kim Bop roll with bulgogi along with my entrée of spicy chicken and mom and dad both got the bulgogi  plate. They didn’t ask what sides we wanted so I guess you don’t get to pick your sides anymore.  

 
 
Soon after that the Kim Bop roll arrived, mom asked if she could have some of it (she ended up eating half of it) so she really enjoyed it as did I. This is basically like a sushi roll but without the sushi it had spinach, carrot, cucumber and imitation crab along with pickled radish with the rice and the seaweed rolled around it. This was freshly made and you could actually see them making it and rolling it up.  


Once we were done with that our plates came out these came on sectioned trays with the entrée in one, rice in one and the three side dishes in their own section. the three side dishes they had were jap chae which this version was cold noodles with raw vegetables, a salad with sesame dressing it was good and I thought the dressing was very good but don’t know how Korean it was and bean sprouts.



These were all nice and plain and went nicely with my spicy chicken which was grilled chicken with a spicy sauce on it and after a while I didn’t really care too much for the sauce and it was a tad spicy for me.



The bulgogi did not have great meat quality and there was a good amount of fat and tough and chewy spots, but it had a very good flavor. After eating we left and I was thinking I should’ve tried their kimchi since they said it was fresh made, but I didn’t really think about it when I was there but maybe next time. My meal was alright but I think I would get something else next time, but I for sure would get another Kim Bop roll or two because it was just that good.







10639 E Briarwood Ave B2, Centennial, CO 80112




No comments:

Post a Comment