Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Friday, January 29, 2016

River City Seafood and Grill – San Antonio, Texas

October 24, 2015

This was kind of a chilly day and I knew they had gumbo which sounded good and it was not too far from our hotel so we decided to stop in. We were seated quickly and our drink orders taken quickly. Soon after we ordered.  All three of us got a cup of the Seafood Gumbo which had crab and baby shrimp. And I ordered the blackened catfish. mom ordered the salmon and dad ordered the fried shrimp.


 After we ordered the waitress brought out some bread as well as the gumbos. The bread was really good and the gumbo was even better. I haven’t really ever liked shrimp that much but they were small and tasted all right to me in this. And the crab in there was good too. The whole thing had really good flavor and wasn’t too spicy.

 
After a while our food was brought out and the lady asked who had the tilapia which no one did. So she went back then came back out and said it was really the catfish so I said it was mine. I’m not exactly too big of a fish expert so I don’t know if I got tilapia or catfish. Whatever it was it just didn’t seem like it had too much flavor and was kind of bland the fish part anyways, but the blackened outside was a bit spicy and tasty. This also came with red hot smashed potatoes and veggies. The potatoes were kind of good and the veggies were just veggies.
 
 
Mom’s salmon came with a rice pilaf and the same veggies. She really liked her salmon, she let me try some and I sure wish that’s what I would have ordered.
 
Dad’s fried shrimp came with French fries and hush puppies he didn’t think his shrimp were all that great but were good and he said he really liked the hushpuppies. While we were eating it seemed like the service kind of slowed down and they weren’t very quick on getting refills. This place was pretty good some of the stuff like the gumbo was really good and some of the other things were just all right but we did end up having a good meal, maybe a little bit on the pricey side but I thought it was overall a good meal.
 
 
 
 
 
 
115 TX-1604 Loop #1108, San Antonio, TX 78232
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment