Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Smokey Mo's BBQ – San Antonio, Texas

October 24, 2015

This day was kind of cold and rainy, so the place was pretty empty. We went up to order from the counter I wanted to get the fried okra as one of my sides. This was on the online menu, but I couldn’t find it in the menu in the store. So I ordered a turkey sandwich combo with one side which I got potato salad, dad got the sausage sandwich with baked beans and mom had the pork sandwich with coleslaw. After we ordered we went to fill our drinks and load up from the condiment station. And shortly thereafter our food arrived at our table.
 

 
I thought my turkey sandwich was decent, but not as good of barbecue as I would hope to find after driving all the way to Texas. The barbecue sauce was not too exciting but we were in Texas and I don’t think that’s what they worry about the most. My potato salad I didn’t think was anything special. I did think that my dad’s beans looked very good.  All 3 of us thought this was okay barbeque, but not really too exciting and kind of disappointing.










No comments:

Post a Comment