Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Los dos Molinos

March 8, 2011

Mexican food was one of the things I was looking forward to most on our trip to Phoenix, after baseball of course.  Los Dos Molinos was one of the places on my list to try out. 



We got there in time for an early dinner. It wasn't very crowded at all we got there but it was starting to fill up. Many of the people eating there seem like regulars, since some of the employees were joking with them and talking to them like they knew them. They first brought out some salsa both red and green. After eating a few chips with both kinds I was crying. I thought the green had a pretty good flavor with the tomatillos, but was very hot. The red was just hot. The salsas were just too much for me to handle, and you couldn't really enjoy the taste of them.
I got the chicken chimichanga with the red sauce which I like the taste of. I thought it was kind of bland though, but I don't know if it was because the salsa was so hot before or if it was just bland. So I added some of the salsa to it which helped quite a bit. The rice with it I thought was good and I thought the beans were just average.
The bill was $55 after tax and tip.  Here you really got a lot for your money; I didn't come close to finishing all of it.

Los dos Molinos
260 S Alma School Rd # 137,
 Mesa, AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment