Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Monti's La Casa Vieja, Tempe AZ

March 7, 2011
Every Trip we take I try to find a good steak or prime rib, so I did some research before we left and found one that I thought was reasonably priced since most of the well-known steak houses were fairly pricey. So I found Montis
We got here fairly early right after the game probably about five o'clock. They said there'd be a little bit of a wait about 10 min. I went to find the bathroom and by the time I got back out they showed me to where we were seated. After not very long the waitress came, she explained about all the history and how old the building was then she explained the food. We all ordered the Monday prime rib special for $11.99. I got mine with a baked potato and salad. It also came with Roman bread which was basically a focaccia with plenty of Rosemary. Which they brought with the salads, I enjoyed the ranch dressing on the salad, it tasted homemade. The salad was fairly good as well. My dad had the salad with the Roquefort blue cheese; he thought it was very good.
When the prime ribs came out, I thought they were good, but not the best I've ever had. It was a little tough but not too bad, I did really like the blackened edge of the meat it was very good and I also like the Au Jus to dip the meat in. The baked potato was okay just a regular baked potato.
I really liked this place; it was old and had a lot of history with pictures and various other things on the walls. The service was also very good, the waitress explained everything well and was on top of everything. The food was pretty good, it wasn't the best prime rib but it sure was good and reasonably priced.


Monti's La Casa Vieja
100 South Mill Avenue, Tempe, AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment