Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Feeney's Restaurant and Bar - Phoenix, AZ



 update

March 6, 2013

We had to return here after our prime rib from our previous trip. I was super excited. When we arrived somewhat early for dinner the place was empty so when they seated us they basically let us sit wherever would work best for us. Our waitress was actually who seated us and was also our waitress a year ago.
 
Right away we got our drink orders to Cokes and a iced tea ($2.00) and a basket of Rye bread. We all ordered the prime rib again which came with a side dish and the salad bar.
 
The salad bar was still very good salad bar. So at this point everything was just as good as it was a year ago, but we still haven't had the prime rib.
 
After a while of eating our salads and bread they brought out the prime ribs. This time it just wasn't the same.  this time I thought it was just okay and not like the previous visit where I thought it was one of the best. It was kind of dry not very juicy, dipping in the au jus helped a little bit. But not enough and it was also kind of hard to chew. Even though the prime rib wasn’t all that good everything else was pretty good and our service was excellent just like it was a previous time.

 




 
6314 North 12th Street Phoenix, AZ 85014



View Larger Map










March 7, 2012




I think that prime rib might be the best food ever but don't get to have it very often. So we were on vacation anywhere I always make sure to look for a good prime rib place that is reasonably priced. I read some decent reviews of Feeney's and after checking out their website they listed their prime rib for $17 with a coupon on the page for 10% off of all food items.

We had a day in Phoenix that we were not going to a baseball game so we went on a little bit of a hike during the day, so I was really hungry for dinner.  We got there a little early so it wouldn’t be so crowded. They seated us quickly and the waitress came right away and took our drink order. When she brought the drinks back we already knew one what we wanted since we all were already thinking prime rib. All three of us ordered the 8 oz. Prime Rib which came with one side and the salad bar. My dad had steak fries; I had mashed potatoes and gravy. ($19 which was up from their website) After I ordered I thought I could just make a quick trip to the bathroom and be back quickly to eat my salad before the prime rib came but I couldn’t get my wheelchair in the bathroom door. You can Read about this on my other blog in the near future. After I solved my problem, I got back to the food the salad bar was a pretty good salad bar there was nothing fancy or too exciting about the salad bar, but just all the basics you would expect on a salad bar and it was all fresh which is not always the case. The waitress had also brought a basket of rye breads both dark and light rye bread. They were both warm and tasted good with the butter on the table.  they were both good but I think I preferred the dark. Our waitress did a good job after she noticed that I was unable to eat my salad at the normal time, she delayed bringing out the prime ribs until I was done with my salad.  

When the prime rib did come it was just great and one of the two best prime ribs I've ever had (the other Jericos in Omaha) and dipping it in the au jus made it even better. My mashed potatoes and gravy with it was really delicious and tasted like they actually made it. The service was also very good not just the waitress but there was also another staff member that was on top of the drinks.

Not only did I keep thinking about this place the rest of the day, but all the way home and I have to keep telling people about how good it was which everyone is probably tired of me talking about but it was that great.



6314 North 12th Street  Phoenix, AZ 85014

No comments:

Post a Comment