Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Monday, August 7, 2017

Taco guild – Phoenix Arizona



March 14, 2017

Taco guild is located in an old church and even had all the stained-glass windows still intact and was a rather interesting place to have a taco restaurant in. We stopped in for dinner on a Tuesday night and the place was absolutely packed and with people waiting outside. It was a really long long wait for everyone but extra-long for us because we needed a low table.  



After we waited for a very long time we were finally seated and chips and salsa and hot sauces that all were really bright in color were delivered to our table. There was a regular salsa that I thought was really good along with three hot sauces jalapeno, something else that was red maybe cayenne and a habanero hot sauce.  These all had a bit of a kick especially the habanero, it was quite hot. The chips were warm and salted well and were very tasty and I probably would've been happy just eating these chips and salsa, but I was at a taco place so I had to get some tacos.   



Their tacos come individually and if you order three of them, they came with a side dish so I ordered an El Pastor pork ($4.50), one Chipotle cherry steak ($4.95) and one Yucatán shrimp taco ($4.50).  For my side I got the Barracho red beans. The Al Pastor Pork was pretty good but I didn't notice there been too much pineapple in there. The Yucatán shrimp taco was good but not really my favorite one and the Chipotle cherry steak was definitely my favorite the steak was excellent, there was a bit of sweetness in there along with some heat from the chipotle aioli.  I also I didn't mind the Bleu cheese too much and the poblano strips on top was a great addition to it. Everything in this taco went together perfectly.  I didn't think the Barracho red beans, which were topped with Cotija cheese were all that exciting, but I was also getting rather full from eating my tacos and all the chips and salsa.  I thought my tacos were very good and the chips and salsa was excellent, and it was neat being in an old church and I'm sure glad I we stopped and visited. 








Address: 546 E Osborn Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85012



No comments:

Post a Comment