Welcome

Welcome to my Good Eats blog, here you will find taste tests, food product reviews, recipes and some restaurant reviews.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

La Pizza St. Louis Missouri

September 11, 2012


 
Our pastor at our church who loves pizza told us that this was his favorite pizza place from his time at the seminary in St. Louis. So we wanted to make sure we checked it out and after reading that they had a lunch special we decided to stop by on our last day in St. Louis. This place is a very small place with just a few tables I was not able to get in the building (it was not wheelchair accessible) so we figured we could just eat in the Van. My parents headed in to get three lunch specials, which came with 2 1 topping slices and a can of soda. (They had both Coke and Pepsi). Usually I don't know about pizza by the slice since it isn't exactly fresh typically, but we were here early just after 11 and were probably the first customers, so they made us a fresh pizza since we all wanted pepperoni. This seemed to take a while especially since I was waiting outside and not knowing what was going on and I was hungry, but it really wasn't as long as seemed.

 
Our pastor was right this pizza was great and one of the best pieces I've ever had (Grimaldi’s was the other).  These slices were huge and not a regular size slices they were more like two normal slices, so I definitely had to fold it to eat it. The crust had a little chew to it and was a little crisp on the bottom, but a perfect amount of both. That with good sauce, cheese and pepperoni made for perfect pizza. In fact in my opinion it should be the definition of pizza.




 


8137 Delmar Boulevard  St. Louis, MO 63130

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment